As some of our lovely editors will soon be pursuing their dreams and academic careers elsewhere, Writer’s Block is looking for new editors to join the editorial board during the next academic year! From September on, you’ll be editing poetry, prose, essays and other literary works, writing various articles for our website, and putting together new, must-read issues of Writer’s Block Magazine.
Have we gotten you interested? These is who we’re looking for:
- You are a student and have mastered the English language;
- You have a passion for language, literature and creative writing;
- You’d like to (learn how to) edit a wide variety of submissions;
- You’d like to write columns/reviews/essays for our website on a regular basis;
- You can’t wait to help create our awesome magazine
- You’re available until the end of the school year (or longer);
- You can attend the weekly meetings;
- You preferably have knowledge of (either):
– WordPress and social media,
– e-mail protocol,
– promo/marketing, and/or
– making posters/dealing with Photoshop
- but this all is not mandatory;
- You’re excited to work with a new team of passionate editors;
- You’re basically overall amazing.
If you feel that this is perfect for you, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com (subject: Application Editorial Board) on June 10th at the latest and we’ll get back to you! We’d love to have you join our enthusiastic team. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us, or talk to one of our editors.
UPDATE: This application deadline has passed, and so the vacancies for the 2016-2017 editorial board are now CLOSED.