As some of our lovely editors are leaving to pursue their dreams and academic careers elsewhere, Writer’s Block is looking for some new editors to join our editorial board! From September on, you’ll be editing poetry, prose, essays and other literary works with the aim of making each issue of Writer’s Block one worth reading.
Have we gotten you interested? These is who we’re looking for:
- You are a student;
- You have mastered the English language;
- You have a passion for language and literature;
- You’d like to learn how to edit texts, or already know how;
- You’d like to write columns/reviews/essays for our website on a regular basis;
- You’re available until the end of the school year (or longer);
- You can attend the weekly meetings;
- You preferably have knowledge of (either):
– WordPress and social media,
– e-mail protocol,
– promo/marketing and/or
– making posters/dealing with Photoshop
- but this all is not mandatory;
- You’re excited to work with a new team of awesome editors;
- You are an advanced player of or do not shy away from the game Cards Against Humanity
- You’re basically overall amazing.
We’re also looking for a second editor-in-chief! Interested? Then additionally, we ask:
- You’re good at keeping track of things;
- You have some relevant experience of being on a board or of being in charge;
- Which is preferred, but not mandatory
If you feel that this is perfect for you, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on June 5th at the latest and we’ll get back to you! We’d love to have you join our team. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us, or talk to one of our editors.
Update: The application deadline has passed a good while ago, but for completeness’s sake: APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2015-2016 BOARD ARE CLOSED. We’re very thankful for all the applications we’ve received, and are very confident we’ll have an even more awesome board next year!