Writer’s Block Happenings, this time featuring 50% more weeks! Wondering what’s hip and happening in and around Amsterdam? Wonder no more:
- Talk Writing & Drink Booze! The 6th of November, Writer’s Block is hosting an evening full of alcohol and literature. Get to know the new board and get hold of our latest issue at the Crea Café from 20.00 and onwards.
- KLIK! Amsterdam Animation Festival From 4-9 November, EYE is hosting the animation festival for adults, including Pixar, political animated shorts, and Comedy Central. Day pass/Unlimited Pass €32,50/€60. Tickets for single screenings tba.
- Opening Vivian Maier exhibition On the 6th of November, Foam is going to open a new exhibition of street photographer Vivian Maier. Exhibition lasts till 28 January.
- Harry Mulisch Festival Don’t forget, Dutchies have great literature too! On Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 november, De Balie will discuss Harry Mulisch’s works. Student tickets €7,50.
- Mark Rothko exhibition @ Gemeentemuseum Den Haag, till the 1st of February 2015. An incredible amount of monumental works by Rothko are exhibited at the Gemeentemuseum of The Hague. Tickets are €13,50 for students.
- IndieBingo and Beer Tasting. Music Valhalla Paradiso is hosting a bingo and beer-tasting event on the 4th of November. Prizes to win and beer to drink! Need we say more? Tickets are €5 and doors open at 19.00.
- The Waste Land Get a better understanding of T.S. Eliot’s poem at De Balie. Student tickets €7,50. Oh, and guess who’ll be teaching a speed workshop of The Waste Land? It’s our very own Jane Lewty!
- The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him & Her. The first two installments of a collection of three films about a couple’s relationship. Starring James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain. In theatres from the 30th of October.
- Interstellar. After travelling through dreams in Inception, Christopher Nolan’s latest film explores space travel and it’s prone to be a showstopper. In theatres from the 6th of November.
- Mommy. The latest film by Canadian filmmaker and wunderkind Xavier Dolan about a widowed mother struggling with raising her difficult son. In theatres from the 13th of November.
- Samba. Remember Intouchables? Those responsible for that heart-warming film have now come up with Samba, a story a migrant from Senegal who works as a dish washer in France. Starring Omar Sy, Tahar Rahim, and Charlotte Gainsbourg. In theatres from the 13th of November.
Don’t forget there’s a whole slew of events from the last few weeks that might still be going on! The complete list of events is always featured on the right of the page, so use the search function if you’re looking for info on a specific event that’s not on the above list. Do you happen to have a really good suggestion for the next edition of WB Happenings? Let us know through email@example.com, and we might include your suggestion in the next edition!